Thursday, June 9, 2016

FEAST 2016 it's Magical

Another year, another FEAST Anothology. This year's themes were "Mummies, Magic, Mansions, and Helephino"- I went with Magic, or more precisely, witches. Witches can be fun. 
There's two parts to participating in FEAST- the silent auction, and the published book. For fun I decided that both pieces feature the same characters, but in contrast: young, old. light, dark. Indie comic style, my own style. ya know..clothes, no clothes?

The Auction piece: Friendship is Magic
Friendship IS magic. Are they friends? Are they sweethearts? Only one cat? I tried drawing in a more indie-esk cartoony style to set a more playful mood. Plus I've been really digging indie styles like you see in Stephen Universe- so why not?


Feast Anothology piece: Magic
We see our girls a little older- a little more serious, and very cold, indeed. I would imagine this is what magical cat ladies look like. 




finished piece





No comments: